NOWSHERA: The Muttahida Labour Federation on Friday asked the federal government to release funds to Workers Welfare Board (WWB) or else they would stage a sit-in outside the Parliament in Islamabad.
Speaking at a function in Labour Colony here, provincial president of the body Muhammad Iqbal said the federal government had not released funds to the WWB for two years.He said the institution lacked funds to pay the salaries to labourers and teachers of Working Folks Grammar Schools.
He said the schools for the children of labourers had been closed down. “The children of the working-class were not provided uniform and books due to which they cannot continue studies,” he said.
Muhammad Iqbal said the WWB had not even paid the death grant and dowry grant for the children of labourers for the last two years. He said the labourers and their families were finding it hard to make ends meet due to non-payment of salaries.He expressed disappointment at the alleged spending of funds of Worker Welfare Funds on other things and termed it injustice.