Out this week
- This Wild Willing by Glen Hansard: Fourth solo album by the Irish folk singer; follows 2018’s Between Two Shores; led by the single ‘I’ll Be You, Be Me’.
- Begin Again by Norah Jones: Seventh album by the American singer; comes after 2016’s Day Break; includes the songs ‘My Heart Is Full’, ‘It Was You’, and ‘Just a Little Bit’.
- Hellboy (starring David Harbour, Milla Jovovich, Ian McShane, Sasha Lane) - fantasy, reboot of the Hellboy series; Hellboy (Harbour) and his closest allies battle an undead sorceress who intends to destroy the world.
- Missing Link (starring Hugh Jackman, Zach Galifianakis, Zoe Saldana, Emma Thompson, Stephen Fry) - animation; a myth investigator (Jackman) joins an adventurer (Saldana) on a quest to prove the existence of the legendary creature Mr. Link (Galifianakis).
- Little (starring Regina Hall, Marsai Martin, Issa Rae) - comedy; a ruthless tech mogul (Hall) is transformed into a younger version of herself (Martin).
- Seth MacFarlane (SethMacFarlane): I will vote for any Presidential candidate who does not use social media.
- Whitney Cummings (WhitneyCummings): Nobody will ever be mad at you for not weighing in when you have no idea what you’re talking about
- Stephen Fry (stephenfry): Two games: 5 points each time you note an actor in a TV drama starting a speech with the word “Look ...” Alt version, 5 points every time an interviewee on a news or documentary programme starts with “So ...” First to 1000 wins. Shouldn’t take long. Fun for all the family. #SoLook
Cast: Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke, Shahadi Wright Joseph, Evan Alex, Elisabeth Moss, Tim Heidecker
Director: Jordan Peele
Tagline: Watch yourself.
- Horror; a family’s beach vacation goes awry when a group of strangers who look exactly like them appear and start terrorizing them.
- Had a budget of $20 million; has made around $216 million in nearly three weeks.
- Has received positive reviews from critics who have praised Jordan Peele’s screenplay and direction as well as the cast’s acting.
- Score composed by Michael Abels.
Saoirse Una Ronan
- Born on the 12th of April 1994 in New York City, U.S.
- Raised in Ireland.
- Is the daughter of Irish actor Paul Ronan and his wife Monica.
- Is an only child.
- Her name, Saoirse, means “freedom”.
- Was home-schooled.
- Made her television debut in the Irish drama series The Clinic (2003 - 2004) and her film debut in I Could Never Be Your Woman (2007).
- Gained recognition for her supporting role in the movie Atonement (2007). Has since starred in films including The Lovely Bones (2009), Hanna (2011), Brooklyn (2015), Lady Bird (2017), and Mary Queen of Scots (2018).
- Upcoming projects include the films Little Women (2019), The French Dispatch (2020), and Ammonite (2020).
- Is an ambassador for the Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.
- Has learned martial arts.
Also born today: Brendon Urie, Brooklyn Decker, Brian McFadden, Jennifer Morrison, Claire Danes, Guy Berryman, Shannen Doherty, Will Sergeant, Vince Gill, David Letterman, Ed O’Neill