Kulbhushan case: India cites Nawaz’ Mumbai attack interview before ICJ

Agencies
February 22,2019

Share Next Story >>>

THE HAGUE: Presenting its second and final round of arguments in Kulbhushan Jadhav case at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on Wednesday, India cited a last year’s interview by former premier Nawaz Sharif regarding Mumbai attacks.

According to reports in the Indian media, senior advocate Harish Salve presented his arguments before a 15-member bench headed by President Abdulqawi Ahmed Yusuf. In his arguments, he alleged that Pakistan is used a safe haven by UN-proscribed terrorist entities and individuals like Dawood Ibrahim. He referred to an interview given by Nawaz Sharif to a newspaper and said, “Prominent Pakistan newspaper carried (Nawaz) Sharif’s interview in which he acknowledged Pakistan’s role in 26/11? This interview has not been denied.” Last year in May, Nawaz Sharif in an interview had said that militant organisations, or non-state actors were active in Pakistan. He asked should the country allow these non-state actors to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai. He added, “Why can’t we complete the trial?”

Meanwhile, Pakistan made a strong statement in Kulbhushan case on Tuesday, based on solid evidence of espionage against the Indian spy. The court heared Pakistan’s second and final round of submission on Thursday.


Advertisement

More From Top Story

Advertisement