King Charles welcomes Prince Harry’s plans with caution

Palace keeping close eye on Prince Harry as King Charles mulls next step

By Web Desk
|
September 25, 2025
King Charles welcomes Prince Harry’s plans with caution

King Charles may have welcomed Prince Harry with open arms, albeit with caution, but he is still holding his ground over his son’s next plan of action.

The Duke of Sussex expressed his desire to bring his children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, despite losing his security case against the UK home office a few months ago.

Advertisement

He told The Guardian that his meeting with his cancer-stricken father on September 10 at Clarence House has brought the possibility of bringing his children to the UK “closer”.

Harry is also going to continue his work in the UK as he is “at his happiest, he’s at his best, he’s having the most fun when he’s doing that kind of stuff,” according to a source, who has worked with the Prince for over a decade, told The Telegraph.

King Charles’s son noted that he would be frequenting his home country since the work is tough to do “from so far away”.

However, Palace courtiers are keeping a close eye on the Duke’s next set of plans and especially what he has to say about the press with regards to the royal family.

“It’s a test,” warns a source, noting that Harry needs to earn the trust of his father and the Firm as a whole.

Before the meeting with the monarch, top aides for the Sussexes met with the King’s communication secretary in July. Harry had offered his diary engagements to the royals to “deconflict” and avoid any more clashes over major events.

No official agreement has been drawn between Buckingham Palace and the Sussex office. Moreover, a source said that the radio silence from Harry during the US State visit had been out of “respect for [his] dad”, who sees “no conflict” between Harry’s projects and official royal work.

Advertisement