The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) has arrested a 21-year-old man on felony voluntary manslaughter charges following a deadly shooting at a McDonald’s drive thru in East Hollywood over the weekend.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. on Saturday at the food eatery located at the corner of Western Avenue and Romaine Street.
Police said an altercation began after one car struck another in the drive-thru lane. The fight escalated when a suspect opened fire, killing one man and injuring a woman.
Authorities verified that the man fatally shot was 36-year-old Feliciano “Felix Curiel”. A GoFundMe runner set by cousins said Curiel had been planning to marry the woman who was also wounded in the firing.
Family members describe Curiel as someone who enjoyed travelling and spending time with loved one.
“We did a lot of cool family together, and now it’s like, everything was taken in a flash,” said Tony Molina, the family of the injured woman.
Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officer Drake Madison linked the suspect Humberto Delgado, 21-year-old. Madison was detained at the scene and later arrested for felony voluntary manslaughter. He’s being held on $100,000 bail.
Videotape footage attained by KTLA showed Delgado being taken into guardianship in the parking lot shortly after the firing. Substantiations said he claimed he acted in self defence though investigation have not verified this.
Police reported that Curiel was shot in the chest and later died from his injuries, while the woman, whose name has not been released sustained a gunshot wound to her leg, she’s anticipated to recover. The Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) continue to probe the incident.