ISLAMABAD: Foreign Office spokesman Muazzam Khan said Friday that Pakistan was in contact with the US over the drone issue and different options were under review.
During a news briefing, Khan said drone attacks violated the sovereignty of Pakistan and were unlawful. He added that efforts were being made to resolve the issue with the US on a bilateral level.
The spokesman further informed reporters that the Pak-US strategic dialogue would take place this year.
Three separate drone strikes in North Waziristan on Friday claimed sixteen lives. The number of drone strikes in the agency has risen drastically over the last few months.
On Thursday, a top US diplomat had been summoned to the Foreign Office and a protest was lodged over the drone attacks.