LAHORE: Two WASA employees died and the third was under treatment due to carbon monoxide gas while working in a gutter on Ferozpur Road here on Friday.
According to Rescue 1122 spokesman, three WASA employees
entered the gutter without personal protective equipment for cleanliness. They fell unconscious due to carbon monoxide gas during their work.
Rescue 1122 divers rushed the site and pulled out Amanat s/o Nazir Masih (25) alive and provided initial medical treatment then shifted to General Hospital. While the other two employees- Danish (21) s/o Nazir Masih and Heera s/o Nazir Masih- died in the gutter. The divers fished out their bodies.
Meanwhile, the family members of the expired employees staged a protest demonstration and demanded the concerned department to pay compensation. (APP)