ISLAMABAD: Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said Wednesday Pakistan had not entered into any secret agreement with the US when reopening the NATO supply route. Speaking to the media Khar said a message of not crossing the red line had been given to the US.
“The role played by ISAF Commander General Allen in the reopening of the route was vital,” Khar told senior journalists.
The Foreign Minister added the NATO supply route was reopened but a super power had to “back down.” Pakistan will continue talks with the US over drone attacks, Khar said.
Speaking on future relations with the US, Khar said these would be made in according to parliamentary guidelines.
Earlier the federal cabinet endorsed the decision of the DCC to resume NATO supply route. According to the DCC approval no lethal cargo would be transported to Afgahnistan via Pakistan except for Afghan National Security Forces, essential for ensuring peace and stability.