PESHAWAR: Information Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mian Iftikhar Hussain Sunday here said the provincial government had found no evidence that the girls at centre of the Kohistan video scandal were murdered.
Addressing a press conference here, the Information Minister requested the Supreme Court to dispose off the case and take action against those individuals made the baseless allegations of girls killing.
The Minister said the video scandal was an attempt to disgrace the Jirga system and Pakhtun traditions.
He said the parents and sister of one of the girls had recorded their statements in front of the fact-finding commission and now the matter should be closed.
He further said that the commission had also recorded the statements of eight other locals and no evidence was found in the entire village that the girls had been murdered.
The Minister said the tribal elders, parents of the girls and residents of the area have assured to provincial government to ensure protection of the girls.
He said that neither the local jirga nor a religious scholar issued any decree in Kohistan to kill the women shown in a video and all of them were alive. (APP)