ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court has adjourned hearing of the Kohistan video scandal case till 6:00 PM on Wednesday.
During proceedings, Chief Secretary Khyber Pakhtunkhwa informed the court that the five girls who had allegedly been killed were alive and a helicopter had been sent to bring them to the court. The apex court has ordered that the girls be presented before the court by 6:00PM
A three member bench headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaurdhy resumed hearing of the suo moto notice of the video scandal and death decree issued to seven people by the clerics of Kohistan. Four girls and two men were allegedly caught on video singing and dancing together at a wedding party in defiance of tribal customs.
The two accused men Bin Yasir and Gul Nazar were presented before the court and claimed that the five girls, four of whom were visible in the video had already been killed on the orders of the jirga.
However, local police and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government continue to deny that the incident took place.
Advisor to the Prime Minister on Interior Rehman Malik appeared before the bench and assured his assistance in the case.
Speaking to the media outside the Supreme Court, the brother of the two accused men Afzal Khan said he could swear that the five women had been killed on May 30 on the orders of tribal elders while he along with his brothers will also be murdered.
Afzal Khan said that police cannot be trusted as they have received threats from DIG and Commissioner of Hazara Division.