Power supply restored to parts of Balakot
By Our Correspondent
August 29, 2018
MANSEHRA: The power supply to urban parts of Balakot, which was suspended following an electric transformer developed fault last week, was finally restored on Tuesday.
The traders had taken to streets twice since the city plunged into darkness continuously for the last six days.
Javed Iqbal, the president of traders in Balakot, told reporters that though local staff of Peshawar Electric Supply Company (Pesco) in Balakot extended all sort of cooperation, the faulty transformer couldn’t be changed early because of the Eid holidays.
The dwellers of various areas took to the streets and raised slogans against Pesco, saying they were without electricity for the last six consecutive days.
-
EU Rejects Any Rise In US Tariffs After Court Ruling, Says ‘a Deal Is A Deal’ -
King Charles Congratulates Team GB Over Winter Olympics Success -
Meryl Streep Comeback In 'Mamma Mia 3' On The Cards? Studio Head Shares Promising Update -
Woman Allegedly Used ChatGPT To Plan Murders Of Two Men, Police Say -
UK Seeks ‘best Possible Deal’ With US As Tariff Threat Looms -
Andrew Arrest Fallout: Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Face Demands Over Dropping Royal Titles -
Rebecca Gayheart Breaks Silence After Eric Dane's Death -
Kate Middleton 2026 BAFTA Dress Honours Queen Elizabeth Priceless Diamonds -
Sterling K. Brown's Wife Ryan Michelle Bathe Reveals Initial Hesitation Before Taking On New Role -
BAFTA Film Awards Winners: Complete List Of Winners -
Millie Bobby Brown On Her Desire To Have A Big Brood With Husband Jake Bongiovi -
Backstreet Boys Admit Aging Changed Everything Before Shows -
Biographer Exposes Aftermath Of Meghan Markle’s Emotional Breakdown -
Ryan Coogler Makes Rare Statements About His Impact On 'Black Cinema' -
Rising Energy Costs Put UK Manufacturing Competitiveness At Risk, Industry Groups Warn -
Kate Middleton Makes Glitzy Return To BAFTAs After Cancer Diagnosis