Warner opts out of the Hundred event
LONDON: David Warner has withdrawn his name from the inaugural edition of the Hundred event citing “family and personal reasons.”
The tournament is also set to clash in part with Australia’s three-match ODI series against Zimbabwe, which is included in the ODI League that will serve as a qualification pathway to the 2023 ODI World Cup in India.
Australia were originally scheduled to host Zimbabwe in June, but Cricket Australia’s revised dates of early August will overlap with the Hundred, which is supposed to run from July 17 to August 15 - although there remains a great deal of uncertainty surrounding the English season due to the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) pandemic. James Erskine, Warner’s manager, confirmed on Friday that the opener’s decision to pull out had nothing to do with the outbreak.
Warner had been due to be a part of the Southampton-based Southern Brave side, which had picked him at the maximum fee of £125,000 during the draft last October. Warner’s fellow Australia international Marcus Stoinis is understood to have been lined up as a replacement.
-
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’ -
ICE Agents 'fake Car Trouble' To Arrest Minnesota Man, Family Says -
Camila Mendes Reveals How She Prepared For Her Role In 'Idiotka' -
China Confirms Visa-free Travel For UK, Canada Nationals