A man received burns when fire erupted in a soap factory on Bund Road Shafiqabad on Friday.
The injured manual labourer identified as Afzal was rushed to a local hospital where his condition was said to be out of danger. Cause of fire in the factory owned by one Akbar was said to be short circuit. Almost all raw material dumped in the factory was reduced to ashes due to huge flames. On being informed, around six fire engines rushed to the scene and put out the fire after hectic efforts. The fire engulfed the factory within no time as canes containing inflammatory substance caused hurdles in rescue operation.
rewarded: Additional IG/PHP Malik Khuda Bakhsh Awan rewarded 14 Post Incharge Sub-Inspectors and 178 personnel on best performance.
The reward distribution ceremony was held at the Central Police Office Lahore on Friday where DIG/PHP Ali Amir Malik was also present. The names of Sub-Inspectors are following: Bilal Jamil PHP post Jia Bagga Lahore, Raza Abbass PHP Kala Shah Kakoo Sheikhupura, Nawab Husain PHP Haroon Rashid Kasur, Hamid Sherazi PHP Mustafaabad Kasur, Zulfiqar Ali PHP Nurpur Canal Kasur, Abdul Hameed PHP 48/2L Okara and others.