Mon, Nov 30, 2015, Safar 17, 1437 A.H | Last updated 2 hours ago
Hot Topics
You are here: Home > Today's Paper > Karachi
Corporate executive had infomed his friends through an email that he was going to kill his family and himself as he could not protect them from society’s ‘immorality’
- Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - From Print Edition




Driven by a deranged sense of morality, a senior corporate executive apparently ended his life after killing his wife and three children in their house in Defence on Tuesday.


Forty-eight-year-old Abdul Jabbar Durrani, his wife Waheeda Begum, and their children 13-year-old Rehan, nine-year-old Zeeni, and one-year-old Haris were found shot dead in Bungalow-83/2 on 3rd Commercial Street in Phase-IV, DHA in the morning.


Gizri police arrived at the scene and sealed the bungalow. Forensic experts gathered samples and the bodies were shifted to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre.


SSP South Nasir Aftab told The News that the police found a pistol in Durrani’s hands, which gave the impression that he had committed suicide. The bullet shells found at the scene were sent to the forensic department.


“Abdul Jabbar Durrani, the owner of the house, was the chief finance officer at the Sanghar Sugar Mills,” the SSP said.


The police questioned the 70-year-old domestic aide of the family who disclosed that


Durrani appeared disturbed for the past few days. Durrani’s family was residing in Dubai and had arrived in Karachi two days ago.


The domestic aide further told the police that the family was having late-night outings and they returned home after 1am on Monday night. The domestic aide added that he had not heard gunshots being fired.


The SSP said the police also taken into custody the cell phones found in the house.


During investigations, some friends of Durrani told the police they had received his email at 5am in which he informed them about what he planned to do.


He told his friends that he was fed up with the present times when ‘immorality’ had become common and the younger generation had no respect for the elders.


As he was unable to


protect his wife and children from the ills of society, he had decided to kill them and himself.


The SSP said the police had been unable to reach a conclusion and they were still investigating the case.


The Gizri police filed an FIR of the case.