Mon, Nov 30, 2015, Safar 17, 1437 A.H | Last updated 1 hour ago
Hot Topics
You are here: Home > Today's Paper > Karachi
- Monday, October 22, 2012 - From Print Edition




A major fire broke out in a local towel factory in New Karachi Industrial Area police limits on Sunday, causing loss of millions of rupees.


According to the Central Fire Station, the fire broke out at about 11:00 am in Sheryar Towel Factory situated in New Karachi Industrial Area and within minutes it spread to other parts of the factory due to which a large quantity of goods worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes.


Following receipt of information, at least eight fire tenders of the KMC reached the spot and it took them five hours to put out the blaze.


Leaping flames and a thick cloud of black smoke could be seen from distant areas of the city. The cause of the fire was said to be shot circuit, as the teams of KESC and Sui gas rushed to the scene and cut off power and gas connections.


The police and other law enforcement agencies (LEA) cordoned off the area, besides the Edhi ambulances were also present to meet any eventuality.