Man with English flag brings Eurostar to standstill
LONDON: A protester caused Eurostar services between London and Paris to be cancelled after apparently trespassing on the tracks.
Several services on the route had to be scrapped following the incident, which began on Friday evening and ended when a suspect was arrested around 12 hours later. A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman confirmed eyewitness reports that the protester was waving an English flag.
The incident began on the day the UK was originally due to leave the EU, and followed a day of Brexit protests in Westminster.
A Eurostar statement said: “We have suspended all services to and from London St Pancras this morning, due to a trespasser on the tracks outside of St Pancras. We are not allowed to run any services in and out of London St Pancras at the moment and strongly recommend you not travel this morning and please cancel your journey or exchange ticket free of charge for a different date. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
The operator said a reduced timetable had been implemented, with customers being told they could exchange their ticket or apply for a refund. It added: “The trespasser on the tracks outside of St Pancras has been apprehended and our services will be able to start to run in the area again soon. We would still recommend you not travel this morning and please cancel your journey or exchange ticket.” A BTP statement said: “A 44-year-old man has this morning been arrested for trespass and obstruction of the railway, having spent the night on the roof of St Pancras Railway Station.” The previous evening, BTP confirmed a man was “in a precarious position” at the London terminal.
-
AI Superintelligence Race: Meta And Microsoft Back Rival Visions—Who Will Win? -
Chatbots Push Users Into ‘delusional Spirals,’ Experts Warn -
Economist Slams AI Doom Predictions, ‘replacing Humans Is Not Innovation’ -
KATSEYE's Manon Bannerman Takes Break From Group For Personal Reasons -
Prince Harry's Reaction On 'disgraced' Uncle Andrew Arrest Revealed -
Eric Dane’s Friends Initiate GoFundMe To 'support' His Two Daughters After His Death At 53 -
Internet Erupts After Candace Owens Claims Elon Musk And Sam Altman Are ‘not Human’ -
Will Princess Beatrice, Eugenie Stay In Contact With Andrew? Source Speaks Out -
‘AI Revolution Is Coming Fast & US Has No Clue,’ Bernie Sanders Warns Of Speed Of Disruption -
Hong Kong Touts Stability,unique Trade Advantages As Trump’s Global Tariff Sparks Market Volatility -
‘Miracle On Ice’ Redux? US Men Chase First Olympic Hockey Gold In 46 Years Against Canada -
Friedrich Merz Heads To China For High Stakes Talks In An Effort To Reset Strained Trade Relations -
Astronauts Face Life Threatening Risk On Boeing Starliner, NASA Says -
Hailey Bieber Reveals How Having Ovarian Cysts Is 'never Fun' -
Kayla Nicole Looks Back On Travis Kelce Split, Calls It ‘right Person, Wrong Time’ -
Prince William And Kate Middleton Extend Support Message After Curling Team Reaches Olympic Gold Final