Transfer of doctor: Raja Basharat pressing hospital MS
PM takes notice of Punjab minister’s leaked audio call; Punjab health minister says keeping administrative matters free of political influence policy of PTI; law minister says he did nothing wrong; doctor tenders resignation over political victimisation
aISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday took notice of leaked phone call of Punjab Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs Raja Basharat to Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Hospital Medical Superintendent (MS) Dr Tariq Mehmood Khan Niazi.
While taking notice of the leaked audio call between Raja Basharat and Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Hospital Medical MS Dr Tariq Mehmood Khan Niazi over alleged transfer of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Hanif Abbasi’s daughter and sought a report from Federal Minister for Health Amir Kiyani.
Earlier, Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmeen Rashid had also taken notice of threatening phone call of Punjab Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs Raja Basharat to Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Hospital Medical Superintendent (MS) Dr Tariq Mehmood Khan Niazi.
The minister directed the authorities concerned to probe the matter and present a report.
Previously, Punjab Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs Raja Basharat threatened Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Hospital Medical Superintendent (MS) Dr Tariq Mehmood Khan Niazi over the alleged disregard of his orders of the transfer of a female medical officer.
In a telephonic conversation that went viral on Sunday, the law minister telephoned the medical superintendent and threatened him for disobeying his order.
In the recording, the minister can be heard speaking loudly to the MS, saying that the lady doctor must be sent to the skin department or ready for dire consequences. It can also be heard in the recording that the MS was apologising.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Hanif Abbasi’s daughter Dr Areeba Abbasi resigned from her job at the Benazir Bhutto Hospital alleging medical superintendent (MS) of the health facility of political victimisation.
In resignation letter sent to Secretary Health Dr Areeba alleged that MS Dr Tariq Niazi was targeting her for political revenge.
She said that attitude of MS Dr Niazi towards her was not bearable. “I cannot work in the same facility as he [Dr Niazi] is there so I’ve had to resign,” she said adding that during last five months she was being transferred from one ward to other continuously.
Dr Areeba requested as she was assigned to the emergency department for two months following which she was posted to pathology where she worked for three months. Thereafter she was transferred to the skin (dermatology) department where she worked hard.
-
Savannah Guthrie Sends Desperate Plea To Mom Nancy Kidnapper -
NBA All-Star 2026 Shake-up: Inside The New USA Vs World Tournament Format -
Warner Bros Consider Reopening Deal Talks With Paramount, Says Reports -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Faces Future With UK MPs, Says Expert -
Shamed Andrew Told 'nobody Is Above The Law' Amid Harrowing Silence -
Gisele Bundchen Melts Hearts With Sweet Bike Ride Glimpse Featuring Son -
Prince William Found Meghan Markle ‘quite Refreshing’ At Start -
Kate Middleton Knew Should Could Not Be ‘voice Of Reason’ With Prince Harry -
Rihanna Has Wardrobe Malfunction At A$AP Rocky Fashion Show -
Prince Harry Felt System Had ‘one Rule For Him, One For Prince William’ -
Jake Paul's Fiancée Sends Him Over The Moon Over Stunning Victory -
Harper Beckham Sends Valentine’s Love Amid Brooklyn Family Drama -
Why Prince William, Kate Middleton 'partnership' Is Important For Monarchy -
Katie Price Drama Escalates As Family Stays In Touch With Ex JJ Slater -
Critics Target Palace Narrative After Andrew's Controversy Refuses To Die -
Sarah Ferguson’s Delusions Take A Turn For The Worse: ‘She’s Been Deserted’