Law enforcers present guard of honour to doctors, nurses fighting COVID-19
Sindh law and environment adviser Barrister Murtaza Wahab on Friday attended a ceremony held at the Teen Talwar in Clifton where personnel of law-enforcement agencies presented a ceremonial guard of honour to the medical practitioners for being at the forefront of the current medical emergency to tackle the coronavirus epidemic.
The additional inspector general of the Sindh Police, the Karachi commissioner, and the SSP South were also present on the occasion. Speaking on the occasion, Barrister Wahab, who also acts as the spokesman for the Sindh government, said that being a citizen and representative of the provincial government, he paid tribute to the personnel of the police, Rangers and medical practitioners for rendering emergency services during the present challenging times.
He said that the law-enforcers and people associated with the medical profession had been doing their duties in the present crisis in a complete selfless manner in total disregard of their own lives.
He said that medical practitioners, and personnel of the police and Rangers were the frontline combatants of the campaign currently being waged against the epidemic.
Wahab remarked that if people continued to extend full cooperation to the government in imposing the lockdown and isolation measures, as they had been doing already, then the fight against the viral epidemic could be won merely in a fortnight.
He said the government still possessed 450 additional kits to do the clinical testing of the suspected cases of the viral disease while an order had given to the United Kingdom to import more such kits with the support of the Indus Hospital Karachi.
He said that there were 94,000 poor families registered with the Sindh government as the Zakat beneficiaries as each such family was being given Rs6,000.
He also expressed gratitude to the charities and non-governmental organisations for extending cooperation to the government for door-to-door ration distribution to the needy families in the province during the lockdown regime in place.
-
Dwayne Johnson Confesses What Secretly Scares Him More Than Fame -
Elizabeth Hurley's Son Damian Breaks Silence On Mom’s Romance With Billy Ray Cyrus -
Shamed Andrew Should Be Happy ‘he Is Only In For Sharing Information’ -
Daniel Radcliffe Wants Son To See Him As Just Dad, Not Harry Potter -
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down -
Why Prince Harry, Meghan 'immensely' Feel 'relieved' Amid Andrew's Arrest? -
Jennifer Aniston’s Boyfriend Jim Curtis Hints At Tensions At Home, Reveals Rules To Survive Fights -
Shamed Andrew ‘dismissive’ Act Towards Royal Butler Exposed