Needy families in Sindh to get food bags today, says energy minister
Sindh Energy Minister Imtiaz Ahmed Shaikh, who heads the committee constituted by the Sindh chief minister to carry out the COVID-19 emergency relief work in the province, has said that needy people in the province whose livelihoods had been affected due to the coronavirus lockdown would get food bags by Saturday evening (today).
A handout issued on Friday quoted the Sindh energy minister as saying that Rs20 million had been initially given to each of the district in the province for the purpose of emergency distribution of rations.
He said a six-member committee had been constituted in each district under the supervision of the deputy commissioner to carry out the emergency relief work. The committee comprises an elected representative, a representative of a local community, and a representative of a welfare organisation.
The committees in every district will make sure the distribution of the rations to the needy people by today’s evening. In this connection, the data of the deserving people is being collected by the committees.
He said in view of the lockdown enforced in the province, the monthly subsistence of the Zakat beneficiaries in the province had been increased from Rs3,000 to Rs6,000 for a month. The committee constituted by the Sindh CM to oversee the emergency relief work also met on Friday at the office of the Planning and Development Department to make sure a speedy dispatch of the rations to the needy families.
The energy minister said the government would do its best to feed the needy families during the lockdown, keeping in view their grave economic sufferings in the present times. He said Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah and Pakistan Peoples Party Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari had given directives to provide with rations to the needy families on a daily basis during the lockdown.
-
Pete Davidson’s Girlfriend Elsie Hewitt Says 'everything Hurts' After Sudden Medical Emergency -
Princess Beatrice 17 Holidays Per Year Exposed Amid Andrew Arrest -
Who Is 'Queen Of Woke'? UK First Female Civil Head -
Dwayne Johnson Confesses What Secretly Scares Him More Than Fame -
Elizabeth Hurley's Son Damian Breaks Silence On Mom’s Romance With Billy Ray Cyrus -
Shamed Andrew Should Be Happy ‘he Is Only In For Sharing Information’ -
Daniel Radcliffe Wants Son To See Him As Just Dad, Not Harry Potter -
Apple Sued Over 'child Sexual Abuse' Material Stored Or Shared On ICloud -
Nancy Guthrie Kidnapped With 'blessings' Of Drug Cartels -
Hailey Bieber Reveals Justin Bieber's Hit Song Baby Jack Is Already Singing -
Emily Ratajkowski Appears To Confirm Romance With Dua Lipa's Ex Romain Gavras -
Leighton Meester Breaks Silence On Viral Ariana Grande Interaction On Critics Choice Awards -
Heavy Snowfall Disrupts Operations At Germany's Largest Airport -
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor Released Hours After Police Arrest -
Heidi Klum Eyes Spooky Season Anthem With Diplo After Being Dubbed 'Queen Of Halloween' -
King Charles Is In ‘unchartered Waters’ As Andrew Takes Family Down