KANDAHAR: Eleven Taliban attackers struck two Afghan and Nato bases in Kandahar province on Tuesday, while a Nato soldier was also killed in the troubled south, officials said.
Meanwhile, the Afghan government on Tuesday accused Pakistan of involvement in a bloody attack last year on Shia Muslims, one of the worst sectarian killings in Afghanistan for years. The Dec 6 attack in which a suicide bomber blew himself up among hundreds of Shisa marking the Ashura on a Kabul street killed dozens of people, including women and children.
In a news conference, Afghan Attorney General Mohammad EsaaqAlako said two Afghans had been detained for helping transport militants involved in the attack from Peshawar. He said the two men were paid 10,000 Pakistani rupees ($110) each for the job, but did not say specifically by whom.“Let me be clear, it was started from Peshawar and this (attack) was administrated by our neighbour’s intelligence organs,” Alako told reporters.